Farro part of the barley family is a nutty ancient whole grain with great texture. Not only is it heart healthy, but when paired with superfood and spices this grain really keeps you full for a long time.
BelleStyle Toasted Heirloom Farro
You will need:
- 1 Cup Farro-Boil for 10-12 minutes, strain and rinse with cold water
- 4-5 medium to large Roasted Heirloom Organic Carrots
- 1 medium Zucchini roasted and diced
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Olive Oil
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Unexpected Cheddar Cheese (Trader Joe’s) aged cheddar with hints of Parmesan cheese. you can also use Parmesan or to go totally Vegan just leave out the cheese.
First roast the carrots and the zucchini. Sprinkle both veggie with olive oil sake salt and pepper. roast in the over at 350* for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. The carrots should have a little dark roasted colors on them.
Next boil the farro for 10-12 minutes. Rinse with cold water and set in a large bowl that you will mix all ingredients in.
When the carrots and zucchini are out of the oven and cool to the touch, dice and add them in with the farro. Add toasted almonds, mint, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, sea salt, pepper, lemon. Mix together for a few minutes to get all the flavors Combined. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or cold. Can be left in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.